Friday, January 17, 2014

Friends With Flair - Week #3

 
Hello! It's been a quiet week, with everybody going back to work and school. Ahhhh.... :) For this week, I decided it was time to start making layouts again, so I found this awesome sketch from Sketch N Scrap.

 
Here's my take on it... I used the following Unity stamps: Fact of Love, SMAK 1/12, and KOTM 9/13. By the way, this is a great time to stock up on past kits at Unity - they're half off!
 
 
Patterned papers: My Mind's Eye, stamps (Unity Stamp Co), chipboard (UmWowStudio), distress ink (Tim Holtz - festive berries),
brads (Making Memories), markers (Spectrum Noir)
 
For my card, I worked with Deconstructed Sketch #134. I really liked this sketch design!
 


Patterned papers (MME), cardstock (TPC), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), distress ink (Tim Holtz- Walnut Stain),
black ink (Memories Inc), pop dots, rhinestones

I used the following stamps from Unity: Blossom Stackers and A Friend Loveth. Hey, did you notice how I managed to nicely align the sentiment within the circle? My stamp-ma-jig arrived last week so I pulled it out and oh, I am so happy! Thank you, my FWF friends, for suggesting I get one! You guys rock! :)

Hope you all have a splendid weekend! Thank you for visiting!

30 comments:

  1. I love the card and layout, great job on how you used the blossom stackers. That is one of my favorite sets but while I used the sentiments I forget about the shapes to match the dies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout and card, Miwa!! Lovely photos of your family on the layout, and I love the colours and your take on the sketch. How cool that sentiment lined up nicely with the stamp-a-ma-jig!! I love that tool. Have a great weekend!! Hope you get time to craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and sweet layout! Love the embellies and the quote strips at the top. Thanks for sharing your Fab page with us at Sketch N Scrap.
    P.S. your card is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both projects. Especially the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A card and a layout.... my, you have been busy. They are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both projects but that card design and your take on it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, Miwa. You've been a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice with the scalloped frame. Pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout and sweet photos, very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable layout and card! Love how you did the border at the top of your layout, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great projects incorporating your unity stamps and wonderful takes on your challenges. I particularly love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome take on that sketch! great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet layout and great card. love the color combos!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the title of your layout. I agree! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great LO Miwa! I really love that card too with all those fun patterned layers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layout and card, Miwa. I love all the fun layers and your use of pattern paper. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two amazing projects!! Love both the layout and the card. The colors and photos are spectacular…great job with that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout and pretty card ! Your photos are really enhanced.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and layout. Love the hearts and colors you have used. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful and cute LO. Love it. Awesome take. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful page and card Miwa!! LOVE that sentiment piece!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two beautiful projects! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute layout and card. Thanks for participating at Sketch N Scrap. XOXO Monique Fox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both your layout and your card! I always enjoy seeing those SMAK kits in action!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fun and bright -- love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful take on the layout sketch!! The colors are beautiful and love how you did the journaling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic layout, and card card design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful layout and card! I love the colors you chose!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely layout! The title piece is great! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete