I had really wanted to craft more this week, but something came up. You know how you go to the store to pick up a few things and you end up coming home with more than you intended? Well... that's exactly what happened to us on Monday. We were at our local farmer's produce store and one of the workers said, "Hey, are you interested in a puppy?" Apparently one had wandered in and didn't want to leave - nor could she find his owner. We'd been thinking about getting a puppy for quite some time, but hadn't found "the one" yet. I figured it couldn't hurt to take a look... we thought, "hey..... he's pretty cute!" This is the picture I sent my husband, when asking what he thought.
I came back a couple of hours later to pick him up and the next day, I went through the steps of becoming his owner - which meant first going through the steps of reporting and advertising a "found" lost dog. I've been scanning the local "lost" ads online every day and no one seems to be missing him. Actually, there are a LOT of "found" pets and most seem to go unclaimed. It's rather sad.
Tomorrow, he's considered to be legally ours - the local shelter said they released dogs for adoption within 4 days (the newspaper ad runs until Monday though). And no, he wasn't microchipped - but he will be when we take him to the humane society for his shots and neutering in a short while.
He's a bit of a holy terror in the house (he's so excited!) but our greatest concern is his interest in Brownie and Snowball - the resident guinea pigs. Uh oh! We better watch out.
He looks mostly like a husky to me - although my husband disagrees, he can't come up with a better guess either! Every day, too, he starts to look more and more like our first dog, Sebastian - especially from the back (his ears, the shape of his body, etc.).
We think he's about 5 months old (33 lbs) and yes, he's gonna be a big boy. :) He's been running every morning with me and he is a fine partner! I was surprised at what good motivation he's providing - I know he enjoys/needs the exercise and frankly, I really enjoy his fuzzy company, too. It's nice to leave the pepper spray at home, too - even though I'm sure he is a lousy bodyguard.
He does, however, need a name!
*bounce* Whee! *bounce*
"Why are you taking pictures of me? Why? Why? Why?"
"Seriously - will you please put the camera down?"
"I just won't look at you anymore... then maybe you'll stop..."
So THAT'S why I didn't make a layout this week! I only managed to make a birthday card for another one of Mika's young friends. I figured she'd enjoy the blingy cupcake! I used the Unity stamps, Big Polka Dot Cupcake and Balloons to You. It's also based on Mojo Monday's Sketch #329, which you can find here.
Patterned papers (Pebbles, Inc.), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), stickles, ink (Memories, Inc.)
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Marika has a soccer tournament out in San Juan Capistrano so I am waking up at 4 am to take the dog for a run before driving off at 5:30 am to get there by 7 am to check the team in for their 8 am game. Sounds like fun, right? They play again at 11:45 am and then we drive back home. Whew! DaddyDude will drive her there again on Sunday while I take Mika to another 4-hour softball practice.
And hey, we could really use some help naming this pup! If you have any ideas (or think you know what kind of dog he might be - I'm sure there are several types mixed in there), please leave your thoughts in the comments. Thank you!!! The ideas we have so far are: Scooby, Oakley, and Beau but he doesn't answer to any, nor does he look like any of those names.
Help! Please!


LOVE your dog story Miwa (and rescues are the best!). I'm awful at names so won't suggest any. I'm sure he's happy to be with you and your family. BTW - really pretty card.
ReplyDeleteRADAR .... Because of his ears. He looks to be fun to have around. So alert. I admire you taking this fella in and giving him a loving home and care. Now you have a running partner and protector. So... Radar is a lucky pup.
ReplyDeleteReally cute story of the dog, he doesn't have typicall husky colors but he does have the build and face of one. I think he is a husky mixed with something but I can't quite put my name on the other breed. I think its great you took him home like that. Good luck with the name and great card btw
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute story and puppy…goes right along with your cute CARD love the sweet cupcake image! Enjoy your new family member and running partner!
ReplyDeleteThe pup is adorable! And so is the card!
ReplyDeleteThe dog is so handsome. I like Radar, but he also kind of looks like a Bo. Congratulations. Your card is very sweet.
ReplyDeleteCute dog. Name him "cat". Nice card too by the way.
ReplyDeleteAwww, how cute is your puppy!! So glad you and your family are taking him in. He looks like a "Champ" to me :)
ReplyDeleteCute card too BTW! :)
Congrats on the new addition to the family. He looks like a "Slugger" to me. And, as always, your card tempts me into buying more Unity stamps.
ReplyDeleteCute card and what a sweet dog! I vote for "Jack." He just looks like a Jack, LOL!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great rescue story, Miwa! I love the pics. I have a friend with a male dog named Jack. That's always good. Our male is "Sammy, King of Trouble". He's lived up to his name many, many times! Your blingy cupcake, BTW, is adorable! Good luck with the pup and the naming!
ReplyDeleteLovely cupcake card. I love the little glitters on it! Lots of luck with the pup name...he is so adorable!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you have adopted your new pet and given a lost dog a new home. He has such a beautiful face. I really love your card, so yummy yet calorie free.
ReplyDeleteYour new pup looks adorable! I don't know much about dogs, unfortunately, to offer any suggestions. I think your girls will have such a fun time with him. Your cupcake card is so sweet. Love the blings on it too. Have a great week!
ReplyDelete