There have been a couple of birthdays this week to celebrate... Mika is at a sleepover this evening, but we're picking her up at 10 pm. Why? Oh, because she has softball practice early in the morning - with her new travel softball team (she has to be there by 7:45 am - and it's 35 minutes away from our house). She was happy to be with her friends and I'm sure she'll be happy to sleep in her own bed. So, the card below was for her friend Abbie, who turned 11 and is one of her dear soccer teammates. It's based on a "Sketch ~N~ Scrap" sketch and used the stamp, Balloons to You.
Patterned papers (MME), chipboard (UmWowStudio), stamp (Unity Stamp Co), ribbon (unknown)
And then... it's my mother's birthday this Sunday. Yeah, I know, it's going to get there late! She and her companion came to visit us earlier this week and we celebrated her birthday then. This card is based on sketch #327 from {Mojo} Monday and used the following Unity stamps: Candles and Cake {wit and wisdom} and Becoming that Person (I just love those adorable little hearts!). I've been following {Mojo} Monday for awhile, but this is the first time I'm actually playing along.
Patterned papers (MME), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), ink (Memories Inc.), markers (Spectrum Noir)
And speaking of stamps, you should run over to Unity Stamp Co to check out Angela's awesome birthday sale - all stamps are 50% off, even the "kit of the month" sets! Woohoo!



Great selection of cards.
ReplyDeleteMiwa, the cards look gorgeous!! Lovely takes on the sketches, and great that you get to play along. Have a great weekend, and some Unity shopping...?? :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome job with both cards!!! Love your "style"!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!
Such sweet cards Miwa I'm sure they will greatly enjoyed by the birthday 'girls'. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx
ReplyDeleteThese are both such sweet cards! Love your take on the sketches!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute card! Love the design
ReplyDeleteNice designs with the sketches and stamps. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great set of cards hope things get back to normal soon
ReplyDeleteboth are very nice cards, so happy & fun
ReplyDeleteLove both of your birthday cards Miwa. I know what you mean about having everyone home for maybe just a bit too long-ha, ha.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and cute card. Love it and WTG!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!!!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
Great take on both sketches, Miwa.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. My crew finally went back to school on Thursday, I was feeling "antsy" to get back to my normal routine. I think we are just creatures of habit and like our routines. I wish you a productive week.
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the sketches, Miwa. I really, really like the second one !
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely cards! Love how you used the diamonds instead of snowflakes in the first one, those wood veneers look great on the card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeleteGreat card, Miwa! I sure do know what you mean about feeling off kilter with the schedule all out of whack---it'll be back to normal soon! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!! love the pinks ribbon bow and the wood veneers! Wonderful cards!! :) Evie
ReplyDeleteLove both cards. So sweet! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
ReplyDeleteSurama
Nice set of cards, everything is so well balanced ! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap !
ReplyDeleteBoth of your cards are to cute! Love the bright colors and the chip board pieces! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I love what you did with the card sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, love the color schemes on them. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap
ReplyDelete