Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sketching It Up - More All Star LOs

Hello, Friends with Flair! It's Friday, yay! :)
 
So... our computer totally froze up last week, which caused a great deal of anxiety for me, especially since I am not one of those people wired to figure out computer problems. Luckily for me, hubby persevered and figured out how to save all of the desktop files. Whew! The new desktop is up and running and finally, I was able to scan and edit my layouts.
 
It's now the tail-end of the Spice and Sugar Sketch-a-Thon with 2 Broke Girls Scrap. I didn't have enough time/energy to finish as many sketches as I had wanted, but here are the last three I completed. I tried to challenge myself by using "older" papers and embellishments (remember Deluxe Designs?). These will be the last All Star layouts for quite some time... I enjoy making sports layouts, but it's time to change gears! :)

 
 
 
Patterned papers (Carolee's Creations), bling alphabet and chipboard stars (Making Memories), chipboard embellishments (Deluxe Designs),
distress stain (Tim Holtz - pewter)
 

 
 Patterned papers (Carolee's Creations), bling numbers (Making Memories), chipboard circle (Petaloo), yellow vellum, distress ink (Tim Holtz - walnut stain), diecut alphabet sticker (Basic Grey), chipboard (UmWowStudio), black ink (StazOn), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)
 


 Patterned papers (Carolee's Creations), embossed "Softball paper" (no idea), kraft paper (The Paper Company, diecut sentiment (Fancy Pants),
alphabet stickers (Basic Grey), bling numbers & alphabet (Making Memories), distress ink (Tim Holtz - festive berries), 
baker's twine (Martha Stewart), star buttons (Jesse James), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), staples (misc)

 
I have to admit, I liked the third sketch and layout best, probably because of the banner (I used Unity's "Life Documented Banner" and loved how it turned out!). I was very pleased that I was able to incorporate some fabulous Unity Stamps into the last two layouts, too! My FWF peeps will appreciate that, I'm sure. :)
 
Hope everyone's having a great week! Thank you for visiting my blog!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on all of these Miwa!!!! Love your style of scrapbooking!!! Very well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! I think it is awesome how you were able to the sketches and the patterned paper w/large images together. I just can seem to use papers with large images/patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on all the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great layouts. i like the third one the best too! and super cute pictures :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cute! I pulled out my scrapbooks last week for a project, and seeing yours has me thinking I really ought to have some fun with them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the LOs. My daughter played tournament softball for years. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting world of sports, isn't it? I'm still working to convince Mika that her forte is softball and not soccer. :)

      Delete
  7. You are on fire with your LO's once again, Miwa! Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great lo pages. Great for these sketches too, I think. Fun and sporty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a lot of fun! Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Miwa. These layouts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete