Thursday, September 19, 2013

Chocolate & Friendship

So, our eldest daughter is off to Astro Camp tomorrow (Friday morning) - she'll be gone from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon. While there, she'll participate in science activities (of course, the one they'll talk about the most is ziplining - how cool is that?!) and enjoy being away from the parental units. She went last year and had a blast (although she returned one with black fingernail [the telescope apparently smashed her poor finger] and her retainer had to be rescued from the trash), so she's looking forward to going again. This year, though, we can really rest easy, because she'll be under the watch of a good friend of ours (an official chaperone).
 
To thank our friend, I made a thank you/good luck card that will be packaged with a king size chocolate bar - just in case watching a bunch of kids starts to wear on her nerves and she needs some chocolate! I totally would!
 

I chose to use a "Stamp of the Week" set called Chocolate and Friendship - you'll see that one of the samples uses foil, which I thought made it look SO COOL. So, I had to try it out for myself! I think the sample tag looks much better than mine (especially spatially), but I am hoping the card will give my friend a good chuckle and the chocolate will make her happy. The sentiment, of course, is perfect - and so true!

Since Mika will be in good hands, we're looking forward to having an easy weekend with only one kid in the house. Marika is excited to be an only child for the weekend! It'll be nice to have only one soccer game to go to, too. Hope everybody has a great weekend! Thanks for visiting my blog!

18 comments:

  1. CUTE card!!! Love this fun set and the foil is the perfect touch! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Miwa! I think your foil is fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and you are smart to give your friend some chocolate for a kids' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mouth-watering card. Like the added foil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! You did an awesome job---love the foil effect...gives it a 'yummy' effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the foil looks awesome! Enjoy your quiet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is going to love the card as much as the chocolate. It is fabulous. Such a cool design and image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, cute card and I bet that chocolate comes in handy! What a great time for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and that sentiment is perfect (in fact I'm eating chocolate covered blueberries as I type)! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The foil was a super touch! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv this card...Nice foil detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card... love how you've added the foil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card, Miwa! Love the colors and the foil is cool!

    ReplyDelete