Friday, February 22, 2013

STB Sketch #7


I am really enjoying these challenges to make birthday cards! There are still a few days left to finish  Seize the Birthday challenge #7.
 
 
Patterned paper (MME Lime Twist), silver glitter paper (Fancy Pants), Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink, adhesive (Snake Tape), rubber stamps (Unity Stamp Co - Sweet Celebration)

And here's my take on the sketch! I got this amazing collection of birthday stamps from Unity Stamp Co. recently and wanted to use the candles this time. I know, I know... I should have used my new Spectrum Noir markers, but I was a little cramped for time. Next week! This is also my submission for this week's Friends with Flair.
I'm also submitting this for cropchocolate.com's challenge #50 - we only had to use some glitter, flocking, or sparkle somewhere. I *love* the thick silver glitter paper that CC sold a few weeks ago - I save all the scraps so none of it is wasted!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

27 comments:

  1. Wonderful Birthday card. This is one of my favourite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday card Miwa!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment stamp on this card. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's that adorable birthday stamp again. Love it, Miwa! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, I have this stamp and love using it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and fun images! So very cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh cute candles for a birthday card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a festive birthday card. That banner looks pretty in there all glittered up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images...love the retro feel. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great image stamp! Fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors and the lay out , Fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! And you know, candles look like butterfly bodies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! I think the candles look great on the different patterned papers, who needs to colour? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Great use of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those candles are super funky! It's fun to make something that doesn't take any colouring once in a while :) Love the super sparkle too!
    Did you realize that you have word verification turned on?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love a card like this for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fun Birthday card. Love all the patterns going on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What cute stamps! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, love the cute stamps.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card! Love the candles. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your take on the sketch! This card is BEYOND fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete