Monday, January 14, 2013

New (to me) sketch challenge site!

First of all, I want to thank all of you who participated in the Cropchocolate.com DT blog hop - we all enjoyed your visits & comments - thank you! You all are part of what makes the CC such a wonderful place to hang out and shop!
 
With 2013 recently underway, you've had time to develop your own New Year's resolutions - right? My first scrappy resolution is to explore the Tim Holtz world - all about inks & distressing! My second resolution was to find a sketch challenge site and try to participate every week. I'd been planning to do Sketch Inspirations, but she went on a break - but luckily, another CC'er mentioned Seize the Birthday. It's a fantastic blog all about sketches and birthday cards! Every other week, a new sketch is introduced - the first week, you make a feminine birthday card and the following week, you make a masculine one. How cool is that?!

 

Here is their first sketch for 2013.


 
Patterned paper (FP Love Story), FP white corrugated paper, Carte Bella kraft paper, TH Distress ink (Festive Berries & Brushed Pewter),
TH Clear Rock Candy distress crackle, Lifestyle Crafts Nested Eyelet Squares;

non-CC-items: Bazzill cardstock, QK die, TH Black Soot distress ink
 
And here's my take on their sketch (a birthday card for my mother). As you know, I try to use as much Cropchocolate.com product as I can, since I'm on their DT. This card also worked as an entry for CC's weekly challenge #44.
 
C'mon and join in the fun! You'll build up your stash of cards on hand!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Seize the Birthday. I think I'll play along too! Love your cupcake card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white teamed with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty, I love your mix of papers and the cute cupcake. I am so happy you decided to play along! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i love pink and black together!!! yummy card :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete