Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and Mika's team "celebrated' the occasion by donning mustaches as a team. Unfortunately, most found them rather itchy (and they kept finding pieces of the hair in their mouths), but some brave souls wore them for the entire game. The girls had fun cheering each other on, shouting "Mustache Power!" It was a really stressful game, but the girls pulled off a narrow win in the second-to-last inning (4-3).
Grandma and her boyfriend, Fred, came to watch the girls play for the first time this year. Fortunately, Mika played her best game - EVER. She hit two doubles (one off the pitcher! This is mighty difficult, but a necessary skill, because next year, there are no coaches coming in to pitch), caught two pop flies, and turned a double play. Her game was ON and boy, were we proud!!! Go, Mika, go!!! Marika' game was less exciting, mostly because her coach basically threw the game to the other team - on purpose. Why? The last time we played this team, the other coach was very angry (about everything) and said to one of his players, "What are you smiling about?! We're losing!" So, our coach felt sorry for him and took it easy on him (basically, letting the weaker players play the infield, even though some of them NEVER come to practice). Can you tell it bugs me a little bit?
Patterned papers (MME - Happy Go
Lucky), cardstock (Bazzill), brad (American Crafts), rub-ons (Fancy Pants),
adhesive (Snake Tape& OMC)
I hope that all the scrappers out there enjoyed a great National Scrapbooking Day yesterday. If you're looking for challenges, Cropchocolate has 8-10 posted and most aren't due until next Sunday. I didn't have time to work on any yesterday, but I did manage to get a couple done today. The one above was to incorporate 5 elements of blue (so I used at least 5 different shades of blue). I'll be using this card for Marika's teacher next week (Teacher Appreciation), since she likes to make her own cards, too, and will appreciate the hand-made effort.
For the second challenge, I created an envelope accordion card - there are 7 different envelopes and each contains some pictures you can pull out. I was surprised as how quickly I could make this... and now I have part of Daddy Dude's Father's Day present completed as well. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment