It was a long and busy weekend! Mika had a softball game Saturday (another loss, but at least she hit two singles, going 2-for-2 at the plate) and her All Star practices began on Sunday - oh, and did I mention that it was almost 100-degrees outside? Whew!
We ended the weekend by going to the birthday party of a friend of theirs (a fellow All Star player). As you may have guessed from the picture, it was a skate party. COOL!
How awesome is this cake? I LOVE it! The mom said she had found a picture of a similar cake on Pinterest and had somebody make it.I tell you, if you're crafty and haven't checked out Pinterest, you really should!
Patterned papers (MME Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky), ribbon and rhinestones (MME Lush - Fuschia), flowers (Prima), gold thread (Coats & Clark), staple
And last but not least, since we decided to give money as a gift (don't worry, we gave her more than $2, but we had to stop at the bank before we went to the party!), I decided to make a special card for her - one that had a pull-out section containing the cash and personalized notes from the girls. I used a template from that new card sketch book of mine (Card Sketches for Papercrafters) - and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:
Post a Comment