One of Daddy Dude's all-time favorite places to eat is Chili's. I don't particularly care for their fare (it all makes me really thirsty! But I do really enjoy their chili con queso with chips), so when we go, we order the "2 for $20" and DaddyDude gets to eat to his heart's content while I just eat a small portion. DaddyDude usually picks the chicken/bacon quesadillas with the cajun chicken pasta - and the girls always beg for some of the pasta.So.... we looked up a copycat recipe and tried it out. This is not for the faint of heart, because the calorie count per serving is over 1100 calories!!! Just to give you an idea... the recipe calls for 3 cups of cream. We thought it was pretty tasty, although next time we'll have to remember to get the bags of grated parmesan (vs the plastic container) and get some real lemon pepper. I've been enjoying the last cup of whipping cream for my morning coffee... Mmmmmm...
But do you know what I say in these situations? "Moderation is the key!" So, eat away - just don't eat this dish every day! :)
Do I know how many calories I just ate? No... but I'm sure it's a lot! Like I said - everything in moderation! That and... that is why I run 6 days a week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment