Thursday, October 13, 2011
Farewell, Old Friend
The girls are facing another unfortunate "first" - the death of their first "real" pet.
Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that Daisy looked sluggish and was refusing to eat. After I cleaned out her cage and picked her up, I noticed she was significantly lighter than last week (when she was still a chunky monkey) - so I knew her number was just about up. I told the girls that Daisy was probably going to pass away that night.
Marika cried non-stop until soccer practice, started up again at dinner until bedtime - and then cried again (until we left for school) after she woke up and was told Daisy had slipped away during the night.
We'll be putting Daisy to rest later this afternoon - hopefully it will begin the healing process. We were worried that Marika would be a total mess at school, so we had to tell her teacher what happened, just in case.
We promised Holly we'd adopt Flower (their guinea pig) after Daisy passed away, but now Marika said she wants TWO guinea pigs - another baby white one (that looks like Daisy) that she wants to name "Daisy" again. Uh oh. The girls have to convince DaddyDude that two guinea pigs is acceptable... we'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment