Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A new "first" for me and some enabling...

Every year, I have my blood drawn, as part of my annual checkup at the doctor's. When I went this past June, my knee was swollen and I hadn't been running in a couple of weeks (and knew I would be out of commission for awhile), so I delayed my blood draw until today. Yeah, I'm a geek at heart and I'm proud of being healthy (I do work really hard at it) so I wanted to wait until I was back in shape. I keep hoping that my staying in shape would motivate DaddyDude to join the bandwagon but so far... he remains uninspired.

You're not allowed to eat/drink anything for 12 hours (before the draw) and since I had my AYSO coaches meeting last night, I hadn't eaten since 6 pm. I was climbing the walls! I'm a big fan of snacking at night (it's how I relax after the kids go to bed, since I don't drink alcohol and I don't like to snack in front of the kids - that's mean!) so it was... trying. To treat myself after the blood draw (and for weighing in at 4 lbs less than the last appt - I *knew* there was a lot of stuff in my knee!), I went out for breakfast - ALL BY MYSELF!

Wow. What a fantastic experience! I could drink all the coffee I wanted, eat a breakfast somebody ELSE made for me, READ my Nook and best of all - NOBODY was with me who whined! While the kids are in school, I never eat out by myself (to save money and consume leftovers at home).

I think I spoiled myself! :) It was better than a spa visit and cost me less than $6!

Okay, now for some enabling. Making Memories has begun their own website from where you can shop. During their grand opening, they are offering 20% off their "wholesale" prices: promo code SHOPMM. Their shipping rates seem pretty reasonable, although some of the items you can find at other places for less (like, Scrapbuck.com - especially the ribbon spools!). Still, if you're looking for some minor retail therapy, this might be the new place for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment