Sundays are "Sports Day" for the adults in the household. DaddyDude looks forward all week for his baseball game, just like I look forward to my soccer games. He got to play, but I didn't - because of some whacky weather. Rain in July is highly unusual but yesterday, we got 0.25" of precipitation.Part of the reason I anticipate my soccer games is to see how far the rehabilitation of my knee is progressing. It's hard to tell on a short 7x7 field, because you can't really do any long runs - all I can tell is that my reflexes are still a bit slow (lots of cutting and lunging) - but on the full field, I'll be able to see how fast I can sprint. I'm running the usual again (6 miles/day) but my right knee is still a little flabby (the skin still has to shrink more), I have a big "dead spot" where I have absolutely no sensation (it's really freaky!), and my right quad muscle is noticeably smaller than my left. It really is amazing how only a few weeks of inactivity can have such a prolonged impact...
No comments:
Post a Comment