And for those of you wondering, you can see my knee above, one week post-traumatic injury. I was really hopeful, but apparently pretty delusional, that I'd get to play in my soccer tournament on June 4th.
I finally found somebody who had a similar injury - the UCR goalie. She said she had dove on the ground and landed on a rock. As a result, her knee had swollen up just like mine. Upon inquiry, she said couldn't play for a month, it had taken months for the swelling to go down, and that a pocket of fluid still remained. She also suggested that I talk to the UCR trainer and finally, I decided to do so, since the poor woman looked bored (which is probably a good thing at a soccer tournament!).
On the bright side, the trainer ascertained that my ACL was completely intact (yay!). She thought (like I had) that a bursa sac had burst and that's why there was so much fluid, but when I told her I had had my doctor try to drain it (without success, the previous Tuesday), she was puzzled. Yes, folks, they called all the nurses in from the office to watch the doctor drain my knee and after several punctures, she couldn't get anything but viscous blood to come out. The trainer also said it was possible that the origin of my quadriceps leg muscle had ruptured (gosh, I hope not!)... but nothing can really be determined until more of the swelling has gone down and I can regain some more movement. I asked my doctor about scheduling an MRI but since nobody really thinks I have a major injury (ha ha) and nothing is torn, there's no rush.
Gosh, I really hate this sitting around and waiting. Everybody told me to sit down and rest and it made me want to scream. It is simply not my style to be a couch potato!!! While I know that I am very lucky I didn't do any major damage, it is very difficult for me to sit and wait for nature to take its course. My blue team captain left a message last night that there was another soccer tournament on June 26th and did I want to play? AAAAGGGGGHHHH... I told her that even though it was for charity, if I handed any money over, it was going to make me crazy if I didn't play. Better not to commit, at least not yet.
For every week I take off, it will take 3 weeks of running to get back to that point. At this juncture, I'll be lucky to be back in top shape by the end of the summer. *sigh*...
Gosh, I really hate this sitting around and waiting. Everybody told me to sit down and rest and it made me want to scream. It is simply not my style to be a couch potato!!! While I know that I am very lucky I didn't do any major damage, it is very difficult for me to sit and wait for nature to take its course. My blue team captain left a message last night that there was another soccer tournament on June 26th and did I want to play? AAAAGGGGGHHHH... I told her that even though it was for charity, if I handed any money over, it was going to make me crazy if I didn't play. Better not to commit, at least not yet.
For every week I take off, it will take 3 weeks of running to get back to that point. At this juncture, I'll be lucky to be back in top shape by the end of the summer. *sigh*...
Please send fast healing vibes my way! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment