Friday, September 10, 2010

The funny things kids say...

Every once in awhile, we all need a chuckle. Last week, I finally sat down to carefully select and weed through the girls' schoolwork. Marika's wasn't much work, since the teacher had already set up a binder with most of the work, but Mika's kindergarten pile was about 3-feet high (lots of artwork!). Her stories (and notes from friends) were the best part, though, and made me laugh out loud. Allow me to share...

1. During the second half of the kindergarten year, the kids started to write one-sentence notes about each other. Usually it was, "I like so-and-so because they are nice to me". Boring but the kids liked it when someone wrote it about them. I found a note that Mika had received from one girl: "I like Mika because she never runs over your paper." Another boy wrote, "I like Mika because Mika likes me."

2. Here are some things that Mika wrote as a kindergartener (exactly as she wrote it)
A. "One day I lost two toos and I can choo so good to..."
B. "I love all of my family even my sister and my mom."
C. "My giney pig is sweet and yummy."
D. "I like my dad yes i do and Marika."

3. Yesterday, while I was helping in Marika's kindergarten class, the teacher was talking about the 100th day of school and asked the kids how old they would be. There was a brief pause and then someone exclaimed, "we'll be really old!" The kids chuckled and then somebody said, "but you're older (meaning the teacher), so you'll be really REALLY old!!!" The class burst out laughing, including the teacher and we helpers in the back. Apparently later, another child said, "we're kids - we don't get older!" Boy, that kid's in for a shock one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment