Our Sunday soccer season ended for this league. We'll finish 2nd or 3rd (out of 5), but we're still "congealing" and our player roster keeps changing. This team won't play again until fall season (in a couple weeks, I'll start in another league that's closer to home - Yucaipa). I really enjoy playing with these ladies... some of them are really kind and sweet to my girls, which makes it all the more fun to come and play, because the girls are almost always with me.Last week, the girls brought their umbrellas to the game (it was at 2 pm) for sun protection. At the end of the game, Marika flung herself on me, sobbing inconsolably, because her Cars umbrella (quite a rarity) was broken. Mika's umbrella always looks crappy, because she is just brutal with all of her belongings, but it's still intact. I promised Marika I'd try to fix it - and managed to wire it together again - although why I have to use my beading wire, I don't know - we really need to buy some thinner/cheaper wire from the hardware store!
Although... at the game today, Mika pitched a fit during half-time because I had forgotten their new umbrellas in the car and she wanted to be in the shade. I wasn't going to walk/run all the way to the car when there was plenty of shade next to her under our friends' big shade umbrella. When I moved her chair to the shade, a mere two feet over (she had to be unceremoniously dumped out of it, because she refused to move herself), she started to bawl like a baby. Behind me, I heard the entire team go, "oooooh" (all but one has had kids) but thankfully, no one moved to console Mika (as Grandma always does). It made me feel better when a teammate leaned over and whispered, "I know exactly how you feel!"
Daddy Dude says Mika is still in the egocentric stage but I'm starting to wonder if it's a lifetime affliction. Miss Mika was informed that from now on, she is responsible for bringing her own umbrella to the car and taking it with her when she wants it. And in case you were wondering, when I bring the girls to my games by myself, my arms are full of stuff. I have become quite the packhorse! We have really got to find the little handtruck (AWOL in the garage somewhere) and strap a crate onto it for transport purposes. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment