Friday, June 18, 2010

Finally relaxing... =)

Oh, how I love summer! The girls worked hard during their school year (especially Mika) so I just wanted them to relax and smell the roses. Isn't this a perfect example of childhood innocence?

We've been hanging out at different parks for the past 3 days. Wednesday was the first day Marika was able to reach and hang onto the "swing wheel" (whatever that contraption is). I really don't understand why children love that thing - all the older kids that came wanted to hang out on it (which, of course, made me anxious). You can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw the oldest one spit on her hands and rub them before grabbing onto the wheel. Can you say, "eewwwww?!" And the kids wonder why I keep rubbing Purell on them after a park visit... =P
It's still nice to see the girls playing, though. I'm glad they're not couch potatoes and it makes me happy to see their hearts be happy, too. I'm trying to minimize the running around we do.

We finally went to the library today - here are the girls next to one side of the Lincoln Shrine. It's one of the highlights of our city but I have yet to be inside of it. I guess that will have to wait until the girls are older and more responsible... (lots of important Lincoln memorabilia inside).

Has anyone else seen Mothra versus Godzilla? I swear this picture reminds me of the cover! You know, where Mothra is seen looming over and behind an unsuspecting Japanese gentleman...

Of course we had to visit the library bookstore downstairs. We couldn't stop by last week so I was very anxious to see what I could find. There were a lot of good things today (I'll have you know, that the girls picked out the "Little Miss Fickle" and "Arthur in a Pickle"!). All this for $3.20, can you believe it?!

And yesterday, we had stopped by the Goodwill bookstore to see what they had. I'm proud to say, I am now up to 5 (out of 9) "Little House on the Prairie" books and I have only spent $3.50 hunting them down. Not bad, eh? Scholastic was selling the box of 9 for $28, so I am pretty proud of myself!

And oh, by the way, I didn't make that design team I applied for, but I honestly didn't expect to - the girls on there were totally amazing (one, in fact, landed on Prima's design team - which is probably one of the top 3 most coveted design teams in the scrapbooking industry). There were also over 300 entries! So, I don't feel bad at all. =) Here are some cards I made for Daddy Dude's residents. Finally, there are some babies (yay!) and one resident is finishing up with the program.

Speaking of Daddy Dude, I meant to sing his high praises earlier. Last week (right before his bout with food poisoning), he won a pretty prestigious award at work - basically, the residents in the department voted him the best teaching attending. Isn't that cool?! He was pleasantly shocked by the honor and I was so proud of him. =)

Like I said, we've been relaxing and enjoying ourselves - finally! The girls easily find things to occupy themselves, like preparing performances. Do you see those little slips of paper in front of each animal? They say "TICKIT". I was asked to videotape them dancing with their bears.

In another couple of weeks, the girls will be busier - their swim lessons will begin and so will their ballet/tap combo class. We bought their ballet things last week and their tap shoes this week. I think we spent about $100 for their "stuff" and that doesn't even include the cost of the class! So, I hope they'll be able to take at least one more class this year (if AYSO allows). Yowsers!

And as for myself... I'm in three soccer leagues now (woohoo!), so I'm getting plenty of exercise. The Wednesday night league started up again and half the team is new. On the bright side, I got to enjoy playing the starting forward position and though it was a tough first game back... the field felt great (though this is where I pulled my leg ligaments back in March) and we held off last season's champions for a 0-0 tie. Pretty respectable, if I do say so myself. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment