Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's that time of year

The inside of the house was decorated last week. This makes the girls very happy, as well as the electricity company... =)

Today was the day Daddy Dude delivered his Christmas goodies to his coworkers at his clinic. This is one of my big crafting projects for the winter season, something that I plan out several months in advance.

I purchased the template for the box from here (there are a couple of freebies you can download, if you want to try things out first). I was very pleased with the template, especially since it came with a 19-page booklet containing instructions and ideas. The patterned paper (Making Memories) was purchased from Tuesday Morning (along with the red cardstock), which I have become addicted to, thanks to my friend scrapper al. I even got a Pink Paislee paper pack the last time I was there... =)

I think I started making the snowmen back in August, doing little bits at a time. You can purchase the pattern here (Holly showed me how to modified it from a bell to an ornament globe). The felt embellishments on the hat were made from QK dies (did you know they'd cut through felt? I didn't!), topped off by a dab of gold Stickles.

The cookies were a recipe we discovered last year in Relish Magazine - I know they sound a little weird (there are pretzels and potato chips in there) but they are really tasty!

And finally - what is it about pinatas that makes kids go so crazy? Check out their expressions!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Those gift baskets are so over-the-top cute! I wanna work at your DH's office. And no way can you cut felt with the QK. Really??!? What's the trick? You're supposed to be able to cut foam too (so you can make your own thickers), but I was never able to get clean cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick to die cutting felt with QK dies is to remove the foam - and if you're using the Cuttlebug (like I do), then you have to run it back and forth a few extra times. When you're done, you'll have to wash your die off or something, because it will be covered with felt lint. You can also cut chipboard with QK dies as well, by removing the foam backing... although you might need to strategically leave foam in small spots to help pop the shape out. I did this often on my Sidekick with RS-0502 (you make your own chipboard spools to wind your fiber around). I'll try making diecut foam next, I'm pretty sure it will work as long as you remove the foam. =)

    ReplyDelete