Yesterday Marika and I went to the library. I thought these Thing 1 and Thing 2 dolls were absolutely adorable! I tried to convince the girls they should be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween, but the idea didn't seem to stick. Too bad!On the bright side, Marika is starting to read books on her own. She has been able to sound out words for a long time now, but didn't seem motivated to read sentences. For some reason, she now seems ready - and was very excited to be able to read short books (8 pages, with a few words on each page). She's been reading from those books every chance she gets! We'll have to go back to the library for more books sooner than later...
This was Marika's recent work from preschool... compared to the other children's work, we were very pleased to see that her car actually looks like a car! Must have been that Lightning McQueen influence... ;)
After Mika is done with her classwork, she's allow to draw on the back of her worksheet until time is called. Usually she draws pictures but today, she came home with... the lyrics to the Scooby Doo theme song! I was impressed with how much she remembered, but I hope she didn't start singing aloud in class!
And here's a recent drawing of our family (by Mika)... I guess we're three princesses with one king... =)
After Mika is done with her classwork, she's allow to draw on the back of her worksheet until time is called. Usually she draws pictures but today, she came home with... the lyrics to the Scooby Doo theme song! I was impressed with how much she remembered, but I hope she didn't start singing aloud in class!
And here's a recent drawing of our family (by Mika)... I guess we're three princesses with one king... =)Supplies: patterned paper (KI Memories), cardstock (Bazzill), cardstock sticker and diecut sentiment (Making Memories), acrylic letters (KI Memories), ribbon (KI Memories), gel flowers (Heidi Swapp), rhinestones (The Paper Studio), diecut brackets (Quickutz)
And here's my layout from today's "alone" time (another Page Maps sketch - I love those!). Can you tell Marika loves ladybugs? =)

No comments:
Post a Comment