Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Last Hurrah!

Miss Mika starts first grade tomorrow (I still can't believe it!), so we tried to pack in the fun early this week...


Here's the gang at the local park, enjoying a quick snack...

And at the local Barnes & Noble story time - for the last time for a long time - since Marika starts preschool next Tuesday!

And finally, we went to the raspberry patch with some friends. The picking was fantastic and the kids had the extra fun of feeding carrots to some friendly burros (I had to look this up, but apparently burros are small donkeys) and romping around in the fields for a good hour or so. It's so nice to have kids running and playing outdoors - that's the way it should be!

And so... summer vacation comes to a close for Miss Mika. We checked her class list today and only 2 classmates are from her kindergarten class. I guess she'll be making lots of new friends this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment