Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First day of preschool!

Today was Marika's first day of preschool. My baby's all grown up! (*sniff, sniff*). Daddy Dude went to work a little late to make sure he could see her off to school.

She looked spiffy with her new shirt, new shoes and new Lightning McQueen backpack. Once there, she hung up her backpack, put her snack bag in her cubbyhole, signed in (herself!) and then started her first assignment. I know we prepared her well, but it was still a little shocking to see her be "so ready" - to start a new chapter in her life and separate herself a little further from us. *sigh* She happily and confidently waved bye to us and turned to read a book.

Here is Marika with her teacher, Ms. J. This was from her "Meet the Teacher" a couple of days ago. I can't even begin to imagine what she'll look like at the end of the school year! Will her cheeks still be so lovably plump? *sniff, sniff*

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your first day Marika!!!!! I knew you would do just fine.

    ReplyDelete