Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sometimes it's nice to act like a kid again...

After months of anticipation, the girls were delighted to finally begin our vacation at Big Bear today. It'd been a few days since the last snowfall, but there was plenty of white stuff on the ground. Unlike our last trip to snow country (Lake Tahoe), this was sticky snow - obviously, the best kind to make snowmen and thank goodness, there was plenty of it!
It's been a few decades since I was around enough sticky snow to make a decent-sized snowman and I have to admit, it was quite refreshing to act like a kid again. The girls and I carefully patted our snowman into form and threw snowballs at each other. Unfortunately, their efforts to make snow angels were not successful - we'll have to find some pristine snow later.

S. stayed inside to enjoy to stay warm and watch TV - but I'm sure the girls and I will enjoy a snowball fight with him tomorrow, even though we'll probably lose miserably. Sometimes, it's just nice to abandon caution and relive a little bit of our childhood again, don't you think?

Now, I just have to figure out how to dry my boots before tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment