
Today, Marika requested that we go skiing, even though rain was forecasted. She last skiied when she was 2.5 years old at Lake Tahoe and she had a blast. It was tough on S. and I, because I had to carry her while he carried four pairs of skiis and two sets of poles - all in a vast sea of snow, freezing temperatures, and gusty winds. I think we went down the bunny slopes there about 5 times before we called it quits. Things were MUCH better today - not only did both children walk (without complaining!), but we went down the bunny slopes over a dozen times, despite being pelted by infrequent bouts of cold rain.
Don't the girls look adorable in their snowsuits? I am so happy we are getting our money's worth out of those things. Thank goodness Obermeyer has a system of seams you can rip out to allow another season (or two) of growth...

A half-day pass was all we needed for a full-day of skiing entertainment. From noon until 4 pm, we skiied our little hearts out. What a great place to ski at Snow Summit! It wasn't too crowded and best of all, the weather was warm (40's?). I actually understood why some people could ski in T-shirts and shorts! Okay, so it wasn't that warm, but we were never cold - and it was actually easier to ski without any gloves. As long as you didn't fall down, your hands stayed toasty warm. Mika and I skiied together for most of the time - we held the poles between us so she could gain a good sense of balance. Despite a teary start, she ended well with big smiles. Maybe next trip, we will try the green slopes...
Well, I can always hope, can't I? We are all completely exhausted (S. is asleep on the sofa!) and tomorrow, we will probably be rather sore... but, it was another good day on the mountain!
Wonder what we'll do tomorrow... the snow here at the resort is melting quickly... with no new snow forecasted anytime soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment