Saturday, December 26, 2015

FWF #52 - Time for 2016 Resolutions...?

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Ours was very simple and quiet - just the way we like 'em! We celebrate with just our immediate family and manage to avoid most unpleasant family drama. Unfortunately, since both kids had a tournament during Thanksgiving weekend, we never got around to putting up our tree. Instead, we just put up a little one (no assembly required) and stacked the presents around it. It worked and on the bright side, we have very little clean-up. :) The dog didn't even try to rip the legs off the Santa door hangers, even though I could tell he was tempted!

 
For my last FWF card (I don't know if Unity's having another one before the end of the year), I made a thank you card for Marika's friend and mom, for taking her to see "Peter Pan" at the famous Pantages theater in Pasadena (it's on my wish list to go there one day). The ticket was originally destined for another friend, but she got sick and Marika got lucky - she had a blast and enjoyed recognizing various actors from Disney TV. They even got to sit next to the family of Sabrina Carpenter - how cool is that?
So I used this very versatile sketch from Freshly Made Sketches (#217)...


And used two stamps from two different Unity monthly sentiment kits - the embossed snowflakes (and inside sentiment "a blizzard of thanks" - not shown) are from Like a Snowflake (December 2014) and the banner and "Thank You" sentiment are from Basically Said (June 2014).

 
My final recipe for 2015 is Cheesy Ham Breakfast Casserole, which I made on Christmas morning - it was pretty tasty and a nice treat for Christmas morning. Next year, I will prepare everything (except for addition of the liquid eggs) the night before. Unfortunately, I did not wake up as early as I had hoped, since I was still frantically finishing up a mini-album for DaddyDude the night before.
 
And now, as the year winds down, it's time to consider my resolutions for 2016. Have you made yours...?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The embossed snowflakes are so pretty! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love those snowflakes! Looks amazing against the dark background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete