Friday, April 10, 2015

Belated Baby Gift - FWF #15


Happy Friday! One of DaddyDude's colleagues had a baby awhile back, but nobody told ME until one evening - about four months past the fact - when they hosted a work function and I noticed that there was some "baby stuff" laying around. Imagine my embarrassment when I learned they had had a baby boy a few months earlier! So, naturally, of course, we wanted to get them a present. :)



This sketch caught my eye for this week - especially since I had already picked out the Unity stamp I wanted to use...



New Set of Wheels  (http://www.unitystampco.com/shop/new-set-of-wheels) - I love this set! Perfect for baby boys or girls! 



I shifted gears for my recipe of the week and made lemon sorbet. A friend had found the recipe in a magazine but as usual, I made adjustments. I mixed 1.5 cups of sugar with one packet of unflavored gelatin plus 3 cups of water. You cook it until the sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add one cup of milk with 3/4 cup lemon juice - then freeze the concoction (I did it overnight but it should have been only for 2-3 hours). Using an electric mixer, I mixed the broken chunks untik they were smooth and refroze it. In hindsight, I should have frozen them in individual servings, but this sorbet tasted exquisite with my fresh Meyer lemons. Yum! 

16 comments:

  1. Precious card! LOVE that baby buggy!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby card and a great sketch! ...and your sorbet has me drooling all over my keyboard, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous image for your card. Adorable!!! Perfect concept for the sketch, too!
    Oh, yum....I will be right over for some sorbet! Whaaaaaat??? It's all gone???? (sigh..) Bummer!!! Hehehehee...
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    I saw your entry at FWF.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your cute baby card at FWF...that recipe looks yummy too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute baby card and that lemon sorbet sounds so yummy and refreshing right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Yummy looking sorbet. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet baby card! The sorbet is killing me, I'm on a diet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet baby card! The lemon sorbet looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super sweet. I love the buggy and the design, the sorbet looks yummy and refreshing to.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete