Good morning, friends of Unity Stamp Company! I'm honored to be the GIU Girl, for my first time ever - for those unfamiliar with GIU, we get to share our projects throughout the week and while readers have a chance to win two free itty-bitties by leaving comments for each day. Unity Stamp Company has hundreds of wonderful and adorable Itty-Bitties (you can check them out here), so it would be hard to just pick two!
Last week's GIU girl was the phenomenal Heather Hoffman, who provided a week of incredible water coloring.
She's an amazing artist, so it's impossible to follow that act! Instead, I
just wanted to remind you how versatile Unity stamps are, and that you don't just have to stamp on paper or canvas or paper to have some fun. :)
Today, I'm going to show you how easy it is to make simple crafts with paperclay and Unity stamps. You can purchase this paperclay (Creative Paperclay) at Joann's or Michaels for $10 (before coupon discount), but if you don't live near a crafts store, you can order it at Amazon here. Paperclay is very light and perhaps best of all, it air-dries within a few days - you just need some patience. After your items are dry, you can sand them, paint them, or use them as they are.
The process is simple. You simply roll it out to about 5 mm thick (if it's too thin, it will start to crack), stamp what you want, and then use a cookie cutter to cut it out. You don't have to, but I chose to ink my stamp before I stamped the paperclay, just to help define the impression.
Here are some paperclay ornaments I made, using the Gossip, Hot-Flashes & Crazy kit. I glued two strong magnets to the back (E6000 adhesive) and now they are "fridge-ready".
Here is another example of a magnet stamped with Beauty of Dreams - I subtly colored it with some green and silver gelatos (I was going for a "moss-covered" look).
For this ornament, I added an eyelet screw while it was "fresh" and later threaded some ribbon for decoration. This was colored with Spectrum Noir markers (thin black Sharpie for the "Mother Teresa" though). The stamp is called Small Things, Great Love. I sealed this with a light coat of Mod Podge.
I made door hanger ornament for my little girls... I punched the holes out with a drinking straw (while the paperclay was fresh) and threaded knotted ribbon through it to hang. This sentiment is from the You Will Shine kit.
This ornament was a little difficult to stamp, just because it was larger than the others. Because I have zero confidence in my painting abilities, I colored this with markers (Spectrum Noir) and sealed it with Mod Podge.
So, as you can see, you make make many different projects from paperclay. I purchased a one-lb package and was able to make all of this - plus more (not shown) - AND one of my girls got some pieces to make her own creations (see, it can help you keep the kids busy so YOU can craft!). When the time gets closer, I'd like to make some Christmas ornaments with this material. :)
I'm almost done! I simply couldn't leave you without a card or two! So, before I leave you today, I wanted to mention that Suzi Blu and her wonderful stamps are BACK at Unity. I had actually received Chickadee & Me in a grab bag a few weeks back and thought it was a great time to play with it. In fact, I had so much fun, I made two variations based on the same sketch (Freshly Made Sketch 134).
This card uses the complete image (angel), whereas the one below, it looks just as sweet without the wings.
Some of you may recognize that gorgeous doily stamp, Half of Her Doily. That image really *pops* when it's embossed (bottom card). These images are colored with both Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.
Thanks for visiting my blog today and hope to see you here tomorrow again. Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to win two free itty-bitties! I'll pick and announce the winner next Monday.




Wow, Miwa! Great idea to stamp on the clay! I will have to remember this and try it with my grandson. Great cards, too! You are an awesome GIU!
ReplyDeleteI can already tell it's gonna be a wonderful week! Great projects, Miwa!
ReplyDeleteOh my, I love, love, love the stamping on clay! Your sunflower girl is absolutely stunning. How fun to have received that cute Suzi Blu stamp! Love! Have fun this week, Miwa!
ReplyDeleteSOOO amazing! I never would have thought to stamp on clay - but I definitely want to try it now!
ReplyDeletehousesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
Just pinned this to my Christmas board. Trying this for sure! Thanks for sharing, enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteHi Miwa. These are amazing clay creations. I did not know about paperclay. How cool!!! Congrats on your GIU week and your awesome projects so far. :)
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love your idea for a new way to use stamps!!! Your clay creations are all fabulous and I love your cards as well! Looking forward to seeing your projects this week!
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing projects! Never would have thought to stamp on clay! Just ordered the Small Thing, Great Love stamp, thank for the inspiration! Congrats on being this weeks GIU gal, looking forward to a fun week!
ReplyDeleteWow, really fun projects Miwa! Love what you've created with the clay. Will tuck this idea away for a future project. Looking forward to your inspiration as Unity's GIU gal this week!
ReplyDeleteWow! I have never thought of stamping on clay like that! Brilliant idea! I love the way all your projects turned out! Congrats on being thig week's GIU girl!
ReplyDeleteAmy E.
Scrapthissavethat.com
Fabulous cards! Even though your cards use the same layout and images, they look so different! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects! Love the paper clay ornaments and magnets. And beautiful Suzi Blu designs on your pretty cards... love that Half of Her Doily stamp too!
ReplyDeleteWOW Great projects. Thanks for the tutorial on the techniques. You are off to a wonderful week. I am looking forward to seeing all your works of art.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards and thanks for sharing how to stamp on the paper clay.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being the GIU gal this week Miwa! What a great idea! I would never have thought about using this as a medium for stamps! Wonderful projects and lovely cards!
ReplyDeleteVery creative. Love the clay idea. You have great ideas
ReplyDeleteI'm inspired.
Clay idea is awesome. You are very creative.
ReplyDeleteWHOA, I am totally pinning this post for later so I can make some sassy Christmas ornaments this year for my coworker gifts. I absolutely adore this idea, so rad! I cannot wait to give this a try; thanks for the inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your style Miwa! I always enjoy new crafty tips and techniques. Congratulations on being GIU this week!
ReplyDeleteI've gone backward to see all of your work this week….I'm oohing and ahhhing as each post downloads! Good golly you've done a wonderful job, Miwa! Thanks for the paper clay information! This is a great gift idea!
ReplyDeletesuch an awesome idea!!!
ReplyDeleteHi. Cute stuff from the paper clay. I'd never seen this - thank you for sharing it. Thinking my granddaughter would love to explore this. Your cards really cute too and colored so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea to stamp with clay. I have been meaning to contact you because I remember a while back somewhere you stamped on tile. I love you creative mind.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great first post to the week! I've never used paper clay and am intrigued to try it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being the GIU gal this week. Fabulous idea using the stamps as an impression. TFS
ReplyDeleteAMAZING projects this week! I kind of worked backwards from Friday to Monday and I am just mind boggled to see how creative you are! Love how these stamped clay ornaments and magnets turned out and I love how versatile you make the stamps seem.
ReplyDeletewow!! amazing!!! this is the first time I'm seeing something like this... so beautiful!!
ReplyDelete-Berina
Moxie Craftie