Today's post is all about Bo. About 4 months ago, the girls and I went to the produce store and came home with a puppy. Yes, people, you know how easy it is to go to the store for one thing and come back with something that wasn't on the list. :)
Here's Bo, within the first few moments of our meeting. I took a picture to send to my husband, to see how he felt about it, because we hadn't had a dog in about 9 years. Bo's probably about 5 months old here.
Fast forward to almost 4 months later - he's a beauty, isn't he? Most of the time, I really love this dog (it takes more effort to, though, when he's ripping apart our outdoor furniture cushions), which is why I decided to make him some dog biscuits. Not just ANY dog biscuits, but Unity Stamp biscuits!!!
I found a recipe for Snickerpoodles to follow.
The process is pretty simple. You mix the ingredients and roll them out. It's best to stamp your image (it was a brand spankin' new stamp but I washed it with soap and water anyway) before cookie-cutting it out. I found this scalloped flower shape at Joann's (as well as the dog bone you see below).
This is how things look before baking... (I used Puppy RUFF for the stamp)
And this AFTER baking - pretty cool, right?
You can also go more subtle with paw prints from Hugs & Kitties.
Bo has been enjoying them and they are staying fresh in a plastic bag. :)
As most of you know, it's Mother's Day this coming Sunday, so I thought it was a good time to use Unity's NEW Inspiration card sketch.
I made a window-frame card, using You're My Bestie and Blooming Mama's Day. This card is for my mother from the girls and I. Hopefully she'll like it - but she doesn't believe that scrapbooking is really a legitimate hobby, so who knows? It's the thought that counts!
And here's the inside... the girls will write their message somewhere... :)
I wish all of you moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day! May you get
to do whatever you want, and get plenty of peace and quiet to craft. :)
Before I leave you, here's another great pin...




I have so much enjoyed your Bo posts, Miwa…your blog is always a joy to visit. You have done an outstanding job as GIU this week, so many fun and different project. These doggy goodies are out of this world. Thanks for loads of inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThose dog biscuits are awesome! That story is too funny! I may just do that some day-come home with a dog. We haven't had a dog for a while.
ReplyDeleteYour card is adorable! I'm sure she will appreciate it.
That Bo is one lucky dog, getting his own STAMPED dog biscuits! I bet he doesn't appreciate them quite as much as he should. But hopefully he's leaving the cushions alone. Your card for your mom is a treasure. Funny how moms can be so critical of daughters. Mine was the same way and it can sting. Persevere. She's got to love that card because I know she loves your daughters.
ReplyDeleteYour dog is beautiful and the treats look like regular cookies, yum. Beautiful window card too!!! Congrats again on your GIU week Miwa. Terrific and unique projects all week. :)
ReplyDeleteThe cookies are wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a great GUI week Miwa! You've had some very clever and unique ideas! I never would have thought to stamp on dog biscuits, how cute! Your window card is lovely, I'm sure your mother will appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteThis has been an outstanding GUI week! So many wonderful projects that showcase Unity stamps versatility. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMore great projects today. Thanks for all the work that you did this week as GIU gal. I enjoyed my visit.
ReplyDeletecute card and love the dog biscuits!
ReplyDeleteAgain you have amazed me with the various ways one can use a stamp. I am a dog lover and adore these Unity stamped dog biscuits. My Lucky dog, Lucky, May just get some homemade stamped biscuits!
ReplyDeleteWow Miwa, I can't believe all the creative things you've been able to stamp this week!! What a fun time I've had!! Thank you so much for all the inspiration!!
ReplyDeleteAmy E,
Scrapthissavethat.com
All of your projects this week have been so outside the box this week. You have giving us lots of inspiration. Fantastic week.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the dog biscuits! I'm sure Bo is enjoying the treats! And darling card for your Mom!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a fun GIU week and your projects have been so creative.
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the Moms!
Bo is a beautiful dog! Love the dog biscuits! They're exceptional! Happy Mother's Day to you!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! What an amazing GIU project! I have to say that I would never have thought to stamp on doggie cookies but these are just adorable. I had to chuckle at your story of going to the produce store and coming home with a dog. That probably beats anything i've ever done!!
ReplyDeleteGreat way to end the week. Love your mother's day card. Its so sweet!
ReplyDeleteWow, Bo is one lucky pup!! These treats look good enough to eat. What a fun idea and I'm sure your girls enjoyed helping. Lovely Mother's Day card as well. I've really enjoyed your inspiration this week!
ReplyDeleteThose dog biscuits are brilliant! Bo is one lucky and handsome dog. :) The Mother's Day card is perfectly sweet! :)
ReplyDeleteJust too cute! Love the stamped dog cookies and your dog is very lucky to have such a great home! Your card is really sweet, and I love how you put the image on the inside.
ReplyDeleteBo is one good lookin' pooch! Love all the home-made dog treats! Cute card too!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou have opened my eyes to SO many new and creative ways to use stamps this week! Your projects are all so amazing and I just love your adorable doggie treats!
ReplyDeleteyou are too funny, my friend! Unity stamped doggie treats :-) Oh My Gosh, do NOT show my kitties
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the inspirations this week. Love the window card. The dog bones are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteyou are very creative!!!
ReplyDelete-Berina
Moxie Craftie
I love that! I love how you made the window to peep in on them!
ReplyDeleteso so clever!!! LOVE THIS!
ReplyDeleteoh. my. gosh. those doggy treats are SO CUTE!!!! fabulous idea. and i love your cute card! Thanks for joining us for the Unity Be Inspired Challenge!
ReplyDelete-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
Miwa, I thought I had commented on this card but I looks like I did not. I love it. Your I hope your Mom loved it. I think we have discussed our Mother's opinion of our hobby. Well how cares it makes us happy!
ReplyDelete