Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Growing in Unity (Day #2) - Stamping for a Subtle Touch

Hello and welcome to Day 2 of my week as a GIU girl! Today, I wanted to demonstrate that even a subtle stamp can pack a punch. Since I have two young girls who love to receive little gifts, I chose to "pretty up" some organza bags (purchased on EBay). Before stamping the bag, I simply slid a scrap piece of cardstock in the bag to prevent the ink from bleeding through.


As an entomologist, I'm a little partial towards insect stamps. :) The bag on the left uses the butterfly from Blossom Soup and Love Truly {Through Time} while the one on the right uses Flight of Courage. I liked how the black ink stood out against the white organza.

I was curious to see if I could add a little bit of color - and so I did, using my Spectrum Noir markers and a little bit of glitter (bag on left uses A Floral Hello while the bag on the right uses Happy Birthday).

However, my favorite bags were those with bold designs (I liked the butterfly best!), featuring The Best Love Story {March 2013 Sentiment Kit} and Written in the Wings.

Well, I couldn't let you go without showing a few cards, too - and I wanted to showcase two more Suzi Blu stamps - here's GiGi Party, based on the sketch from My Favorite Things (MFTWSC174).

I didn't have room for all of Gigi's body, so I just used the head and popped a pompom on the tip of the party hat. Some of you may recognize that vintage Imaginisce birthday paper...


And don't forget to participate in this month's Inspiration challenge! There are only a few days left before the next challenge is up. I used the card sketch for Suzi Blu's adorable kitty.


I'm actually a "big dog" person, but I really love Pooey Love - he's got sass! I combined his image with one of my favorite sentiments from Hugs and Kitties.


I mean, seriously - how perfect is that sentiment, "you're the cat's meow"! I love it!

I'm not sure which version I like better...but I'm partial towards shiny objects like sequins... :) Another freebie from Unity, don't you love those free gifts? I do!


But I think I might like this tag best, with the fun patterned papers (part of a Unity "free gift").

Thank you for joining me for Day 2 of my GIU week! I'll see you here again tomorrow! Happy crafting!

22 comments:

  1. Those bags are very pretty and your cards are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miwa, where do you find time for all this! Beautiful, subtle bags, and fun, fun bright bags! Personally I think you're the cats meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great day. I really love the butterfly one the best too......and well, I am a dog girl and that puppy card is so cute :) Love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing projects! Love the little gift bags and your cards are adorable! Love the cat image! Great take on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects, Miwa! You've been a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were busy! I love the stamped organza bags... would never have thought of trying that! The Written on the Wings stamp is one of my favorites! And I love that cute Pooey Love kitty and your fun cards and tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's a lot of project for one day! It looks like you're having way too much fun with your stamps! Haha! LOVE the idea of stamping on organza bags! I must try that!!

    Amy E.
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the projects. You are definitely showing how stamps can be used in different ways. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these. The bags turned out beautiful. I think I have to get that kitty now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the bags turned out and what cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful idea to stamp on bags. That would be a great party favor bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love when Unity sends out sparkles and sequins and whatnot as free gifts, too! The butterfly bag is sooo pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Pooey love too now, thank you very much!! Loads of fun goodies here, Miwa…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Done very nicely. I like the soft look on the bags. The card is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the subtle look on your organza bags! Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bags are very nice. Great for potpourri. The Suzi Blu stamps are all so cute and look like they are fun to color. Really like the kitty. Your coloring is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those kitty cards are just WINNERS. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute kitty cards (I like the first one best). And that vintage Imaginese paper? I'm hoarding scraps of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitty tag is so adorable. Love the stamping on the little bags too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea to stamp on the bags...and thanks for the tip on slipping in a piece of cardstock to prevent bleeding through. Your kitty cards just cracked me up! Beautiful coloring and really whimsical images!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful little bags!! cards are so nice!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete