Hey, it's Friday again and that means it's time for another episode of Friends with Flair with Unity Stamps! They're having a garage sale right now, so might want to check it out...it never hurts to look, right? ;)
It's felt like a long week, because DaddyDude was in Tennessee for a work conference and just returned this afternoon. My hat is off to those single mothers out there - how do they do it? They rock!
I am hoping to get a solid, uninterrupted night of sleep tonight since the girls wanted to sleep with me (during his absence) in the big bed. You'd think there would be plenty of room to keep everybody happy (okay, so
there were also four stuffed bears in there, too, but they hardly complain) but
NOOOOO... at least a couple of times during the night somebody yelled
out when they got kicked (it certainly didn't help that somebody likes to sleep upside down - and it wasn't me!). *sigh*
Once DaddyDude was back, I finally got a chance to craft. I've been assigned the task of creating a thank you card for the kind custodian who helps to set up the cones and music for their Joggers' Club every Tuesday and Thursday morning (DaddyDude and I help the teachers run it). The kids get a paw print stamp (school mascot = the Jaguars) for every lap they run and for every eight laps, they earn a paw print token for a necklace. It's been a long year (it's hard enough to get everybody to school on time, right? Try getting there 15 minutes earlier than that!) and now there are only four more sessions. Whew! I can't wait!
So, I made three cards, trying to use their school colors (yellow/brown) and incorporating paw prints to represent the running stamp. I need your help to select which one to give him! Which do you like best?
I used one of my favorite Unity stamps (from the Everything Wonderful kit - but the frame for card #2 is from Everything More) on each one (the paw print is from Hero Arts) and the patterned paper is all from My Mind's Eye...
Card #1 is based on Deconstructed Sketch 147.
Card #2 is based on Sunday Stamps Sketch #52.
And finally... card #3 is based on Sweet Sunday Sketch #213.
So, please leave a comment below and let me know which card you like best! I wish you all a wonderful weekend and leave you with a picture of our favorite "lap" dog (not!). Thanks for visiting my blog!



Oh I know what you mean about the sleeping stuff. You would think it would not matter but you are right it does. There is nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with a foot in your face. I love the variation of cards. Pretty colors and you inspire me to use that stamp. The paw prints are great. What a great Mom you are.
ReplyDeleteI love the cards. The second one is my fave. I love when people do variations of the same theme. Hope you got sleep last night!
ReplyDeleteThese are great cards! Love those sentiments. It can hurt to look at Unity sales! At least, my wallet aches! :)
ReplyDeleteThey are all very nice but #1 is my fav. Love all the puppy paws too and the cute pup photo. :)
ReplyDeleteMiwa, you are the world's best mom. I want to grow up in your house! #2 is my favorite, but they are all great. I like the paw prints walking the width of the second card. Hope you've caught up on sleep!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to comment on the great pup photo! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is one great assortment of Thank You cards! Nice job.
ReplyDeleteThe joys of bed sharing huh?! Love the idea of the joggers club too. My fave is the first one- but all are lovely!
ReplyDeleteI like the photo,the first card, the second card, and the third one in that order. Cool looking dog! I guess he wasn't in the bed too? My dog likes to sleep sideways, she gets all the room!
ReplyDeleteI like the third card the best, with the second coming in a close second. Hope you can catch up on your sleep!
ReplyDeleteThese cards are all wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards! Ya nailed those sketches.....
ReplyDelete