Hello, hello! Hope everyone's week went well. The kids are on spring break and DaddyDude was on vacation, but... it wasn't a particularly fun week. Why not...? Well... there was the little issue of treating that drywood termite problem I had discovered a few weeks back. Unfortunately, you have to do what you have to do - so we cleaned/purged, bagged all edibles, and went to stay in a hotel for a couple of days, praying that no one was going to break into our house while we were gone.
Here are the kids and DaddyDude, waiting for the fume crew to arrive...
And here is our house, visible from outer space. :) I'm pleased to say that the house was completely fine while we were gone - DaddyDude took the opportunity to install some wireless cameras, to make sure no one entered the house while the fumigation was taking place (and yes, you do risk your life doing so, but criminals aren't exactly known for being smart now, are they?). And now he can rest easy, knowing that the girls are going to have a tough time sneaking any boyfriends into the house, in a few years... LOL! We were back in the house on Wednesday and spent the next couple of days unpacking things, retrieving our animals, and sorting things out.
I finally managed to find some time this evening, to make a card for Marika's friend (and the only friend of hers that was willing to watch Marika's Madagascar hissing cockroach colony during the fumigation!). This is the same card sketch (Sketch #21 from Sketch and Scrap) I used last week, but I really wanted to use Sabrina from Unity Stamp Co - they are having another wonderful sale, check it out here! Sabrina's on sale, too! :)
Cardstock (DCWV), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), markers (Spectrum Noir and Copic), chipboard (UmWowStudio), Stickles,
AC Zing! Embossing powder, Bazzill borders, pop dots
AC Zing! Embossing powder, Bazzill borders, pop dots
And as promised, I'm leaving you with a picture of Bo. He has really brought some sparkle to this family, but one of the things I love the most about him, is how he honestly seems to love our kids.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

What a fun card! Love the color combos. And your daughter are adorable! And Bo looks like he has found his best friends forever! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like quite a process! Glad you found the problem and were able to rectify it. This is an adorable card, using Sabrina!
ReplyDeleteGlad your home is a-okay! and your kids look so happy with Bo! :)
ReplyDeleteYour card is awesome BTW :)
yummo looking cake, very nicely done! Bo is adorable, and I can see that is he adored
ReplyDeleteGlad everything with your house is all sorted out! Fabulous card! I love the images you used and how you colored them! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeleteWow, you've been busy. Surprised you had time to make a card. But it sure is a good one. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Love the images you used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeletelove this card and that stamp is awesome, good idea about the cameras
ReplyDeleteWonderful card and happy you are back home and all is well after that adventure!
ReplyDeleteOK Miwa, we can officially say we have moved to stamper. I believe I can recall when we just began dabbling in it. Than we were trying to figure out how to incorporate it into our layout, now I am even making cards. We have come along way from our CC days. Hahaha. Sorry about your house, The tent reminded me of a great big air jumper…minus the toxins of course. I have taken care of a lot of pets for people but never a Hissing cockroach. Now that is a GOOD Friend.
ReplyDeleteLBAB
Yes, I think you are correct, LB! :) We are stampers and yes, her friend is a GOOD friend. :) So glad you have joined FWF and the blogging world! :)
DeleteAdorable ! Nice coloring. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap !
ReplyDeleteGreat take on the sketch and great coloring! Glad the circus is gone and everything is back to normal.
ReplyDeleteWhat a trauma to have to fumigate your whole house! So glad it all went well. Your card is super cute and just right for a special friend! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx
ReplyDeleteMiwa…your stories make me smile..I even laughed a tad at the outer space comment..even though termites are no smiling matter. Glad things are going ok in that department and that you have your cameras installed for future use as well! Your card is darling…glad you were able to create for a bit!
ReplyDeletePretty card! I'm glad you are back in your house.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeleteSurama
What pretty and cute card. Fantastic take. Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch~N~Scrap!
ReplyDeleteLove that stamped girl! Such a cute card. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!
ReplyDeleteNow I understand your comment to Mary about great minds thinking alike. :) I love your card. It's very pretty. Glad you got your problem taken care of. And now Papa Bear can rest easy about the teens. :) Hugs~Patti
ReplyDeleteGreat card and story, Miwa. I am glad to read you and your family are back in your home. I know your daughter's friend will love the card your created for her. Nice job on coloring your stamped image. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeletesuch a cute card - I love those stamps!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month
ReplyDeleteMiwa I know I shouldn't but you gave me a giggle ith your post..glad all is sorted now and you won't be on space radar,lol!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card..xxx
Oh my goodness that would have been quite scary to have to leave the house for a few days like that. Glad it all went well for you! What a fun take on the card sketch! And that is an adorable photo of Bo with the kiddos! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this card!!! Great colors and awesome job with the 3d banner piece!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap :-)
Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap
ReplyDelete