Time flies... here is Mika, 5 years ago during her first season of softball (T-ball)...
I love how grown-up and confident she looks. Those sport (transitional) sunglasses really help, too - she no longer looks like a geeky bookworm. Now, she looks seriously tough!!!
So it's getting harder to find time to scrap, but I managed to pull together a thank you card for our lovely neighbor next door. She kindly embroidered Marika's soccer jacket with her name and number. She refused all payment, so we're going to take them out to dinner (DaddyDude will make arrangements when Marika brings over the card). They're great neighbors so it'll be nice to spend time with them, too. :)
Here was the sketch I used... you can link up your own project here!
Patterned papers and rhinestone (My Mind's Eye), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), ink (Tim Holtz distress ink - walnut stain),
chipboard (UmWowStudio), Stickles, markers (Spectrum Noir)
chipboard (UmWowStudio), Stickles, markers (Spectrum Noir)
And here's my card - I used Unity Stamp Co's Sew Cute set. It's a pretty specialized set, but when you know some crafty people, you can find reason to use it. :)
So some of you may be wondering... what does softball have to do with Prima? Well, let me tell you! Mika's softball team is based out of Chino and practices in that city, or very close to it. Chino is where Prima Marketing's warehouse outlet is located! So - even though they reduced their warehouse outlet days/times to the first weekend of every month, I can shop there after games and practices. How cool is that? :)
I love it when things work out! Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a great weekend - stay warm!!!



wonderful card!!! <3
ReplyDeleteThis is a great thank you card Miwa. Your daughter does indeed look like she's ready for the big leagues.
ReplyDeletelovely card and great photos!
ReplyDelete-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
What a great thank you card for your neighbor - and how appropros! :) your daughter looks so grown up!
ReplyDeleteCute crafty card. And fun sports pics too. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a pretty card - I love the colours and the thought that goes with it. Such a lovely card, Miwa, for your neighbour. Your daughter looks cool in her uniform, love her sunglasses. Sounds like a lot of sports, how fun! Enjoy the trip (s) to Prima!! Look forward to see what you'll get.
ReplyDeleteMika is growing up so well :) Love your card too. Crafty!
ReplyDeleteGreat card and congratulations to your daughter on her sport-y achievements!
ReplyDeleteGreat card congrats to your daughter on her achievements
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is growing up, Miwa! She looks so mature in that pic. Congrats to her, and kudos to you for getting her to all those practices and games. Your card is delightful. I hope you continue to find time for yourself -- and for some Prima shopping!
ReplyDeleteI love this card and that you did the inside too. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great to hear about your big girl's progress in sports! Wonderful card! So lucky that Prima is close to your DD softball practices...want my list?? :)
ReplyDelete