Friday, February 28, 2014

FWF #8 - Bo Gets The Boot

 
Hello, Friends with Flair peeps! Have you checked out the latest Unity sale? Check it out here! This week, I made a card for one of the girls - I haven't decided which, but it will be used for whoever needs a little bit of encouragement next. :) I used some stamps from Blossom Stackers and Handmade Valentines (I just love those hearts!), embossed some kraft cardstock (Bazzill), and built a card based on Sketch #20 from Sketch and Scrap.

I decided I should start including at least one picture of Bo every week, since he is growing like a weed. He's about 6 months old now and 42.6 pounds. He went to the Humane Society for his booster shot - and was (kindly) asked to leave the waiting room, because he got the entire waiting room into a barking uproar. Once we were outside - did I mention it was raining most the day? - he was very, very sad... poor puppy, he just wanted to play! I guess based on his size (he only looks small compared to full-grown big dogs), I could see how he might alarm people, but he's just a big fuzz ball at heart - the only real danger is that he might lick you to death!

 
Dead soccer ball? Give it to Bo! That's a size 4, to give you an idea of how big he is already.
 
 
I'll have to make a layout of this later, but perhaps my girls are getting ready to join a circus as lion trainers. They just told me that they successfully taught Bo the command "up", where he climbs onto some step stools for a treat. I guess having a dog will teach them a thing or two about persistence! I wonder what other tricks they could teach him? Any other suggestions? He has brightened all of our lives. :)
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Bo ain't so scary! Poor thing.....they wouldn't even let him play! LOL I miss having a pooch around. <3 Love your card too, Miwa. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Miwa and Bo is looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flower card and the cute pics. He is getting big. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dry embossing and the stamps you used. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice layering. The vellum banner is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, that is one pretty card. Love the beige and peachy colors together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and cute pics of Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card, Miwa! I'm so glad that Bo has become a real member of your family. I see lots of scrapbook pages in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Miwa! (sorry, I misspelled a word on the first post). I like how you allowed your embossing elements to be seen. Great card all around. Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bo you have gotten HUGE!! fabulous card!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww. Love the card but have to admit it is Bo who call my attention. Teach him to stay with a treat in his nose. LOL. Lve him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I'll have to tell the girls this! They are teaching him "paw" for shake right now. I think they better watch it, because Bo is going to start growing sideways, with all the treats they are giving him during training! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  14. I'm getting such a kick out of your Bo updates…I have a small dog who does NOT know the meaning of discipline when on his leash, sad to say he can be annoying but he is ours and we love him! As for your card LOVE…the embossed background is perfect with your stamped images! I'm sure your girls will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card!! I always forget about the Blossoms set.

    ReplyDelete