Patterned paper (Echo Park), cardstock (The Paper Co), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), ink (Memories, Inc.), colored pencils (Prismacolor)
For the last two years, we have sent out Christmas photo cards from Walgreens (my favorite place to get my photos developed). I'll admit it, it's because I procrastinated or was suffering from lack of creative mojo. This year, we are compromising - we have 20 photo cards and 20 handmade cards. Oh, come on, let's all admit that we have WAY too much paper! It's best to try to use up a little bit. :) Of course I wanted to use my Unity stamps on it... but I really struggled with working around a photo collage. It's not just a size/proportion thing, but a "how do I add embellishments without making this look too busy?" thing as well.
So... I finally decided that it was okay to allow the focus to be on the photos... and just used a simple holiday sentiment (Unity grab bag! Snowglobe Wonderland) for the outside, and a larger decorative sentiment (Peace & Joy) for the inside (asymmetrically set). I like how clean & simple it looks!
However, I was very disappointed that I really didn't use much of my paper up. Maybe four sheets??? What the heck is wrong with me? Why did I ever buy so much paper???
*sigh* I figured at least half of you would understand how I feel. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for visiting! Don't forget to shop at Unity this weekend - for yourself!

Love the card and I feel you about the paper
ReplyDeleteI love photo cards. Great job with this one. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThat's cute Miwa! Merry Christmas to you
ReplyDeleteYep, I completely understand, Miwa! I can't resist buying a pretty sheet (or pack) or paper. Your cards turned out lovely!
ReplyDeleteDarling photo collage!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo collage (so glad you included a photo of just you and your DH). I appreciate the attempt to use up some paper. I thought that my card making would help with that, but I haven't made even the smallest dent. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete