Friday, October 11, 2013

The Gift of Time

My husband and I have been together for a long time - we dated for 8 years before we got married (over 14 years ago) - so it absolutely delights me that he can still surprise me with his sweetness and thoughtfulness. Sometimes, it's the little things that mean a lot, right?

Earlier this week, I hadn't felt like getting up at 5 am to go running (in my defense, it had been raining most of the night and it was about 44-deg out). My dear sweet husband offered to take the girls to school so I could get an extra half an hour to do my full run (vs only half of it), before I had to dash in to help out in Marika's classroom. I was really touched by his gesture and wanted to give him a little reminder that he still "makes my heart skip a beat".
 

Patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), brads (Making Memories), black ink (Memories, Inc), distress ink (Tim Holtz - walnut stain),
stamps (Unity Stamp Co), marker (Spectrum Noir), Fiskars border punch, pop dots

I've had my eye on this stamp set for awhile, but finally purchased it last week. Of course, there's only one person in the entire world I can give it to, but lucky for me, he's kind of forgetful, so I know I can use it at least once a year, without him realizing it. Heh heh heh...

And how forgetful is he? Here's a funny story! While we were still dating, he purchased a beautiful jewelry box for me. A week later (yes, a mere 7 days later!), we were in the SAME STORE and he says, as he points to the SAME BOX, "Hey, this is a nice jewelry box, would you like it?"

But... I still love my forgetful honeybunny, he's pretty cute so he's a keeper. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! What are you up? We have another weekend full of soccer, but Mika joined a rec fall softball team last week, so now she has Sunday games. This particular Sunday, it will be her debut playing catcher! What is really cool to me, though, is that after this - she can honestly say that she can play any position on the field. We hope this will increase her attractiveness to a club softball team.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Don't forget to check out Unity's website and go shopping! As always, they have a great promotion going on...

17 comments:

  1. teehee--cute story, Miwa! My hubs is forgetful, too, but he's also a keeper, so I'll let it pass! ;)
    That's a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Great story! :) happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miwa! That is a cute card! I haven't seen that stamp. I thought I had seen them all! Have a good weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!!! Perfect combo of stamps!! Fantastic job putting this all together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, such a sweet card and a sweet hubby too. He sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for your husband! Sounds like he is a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miwa, I love that story of your husband and the jewelry box. Maybe our 2 husbands are related, somehow? Mine forgot my birthday once. I had a note on the door when he got home saying, "Honey, did you forget something important today?" He stood out in the garage for the longest time, studying that note, then yelled in, "be right back". About 10 minutes later, he showed up with a 99 cent card from the grocery store. He'll never live that one down. I love your card, and the fact you can use your new stamp set again in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! I'm glad he figured it out sooner rather than later! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh these men of ours! LOL! Cute use of your new set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! My hubs is pretty similar. He bought me kid charms for a necklace. Then bought the same ones for a bracelet. I returned them since they would break on a bracelet. So, he gets them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very similar! I guess we should consider ourselves fortunate that they have consistent tastes, right? ;)

      Delete