Patterned paper (Authentique [Fresh]), Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink, button and bling (Basic Grey), ribbon (MME Laundry Line & Stella/Rose), stamp (Unity Stamp Co), markers (Spectrum Noir)
This week, cropchocolate's challenge #59 was to use buttons, ribbon, and an image on a project. Since I usually couple my CC challenge with Unity Stamp Company's "Friends with Flair" on Fridays, I thought it was perfect time to make a card for DaddyDude - because today is the anniversary of our first date.
Yeah, yeah... I know a lot of you may think that this is overkill and too corny. But to us, this date is very special - and we've been celebrating it for 22 years now. What did we do? Of all things... we went to a screening of Spike & Mike's Festival of Animation on our college campus. I don't know how many of you have ever been to one of these shows but it's very... different. I would NOT recommend this for a first date! I suppose, however, that is what helped to make it so memorable. :) I am also kind of surprised that it is still alive and well!
And what does EBay have to do with all of this? I've been on the hunt for all things having to do with Unity Stamp Co. I saw this lovely stamp image on EBay (wood-mounted and everything!) and absolutely HAD to have it. Does anybody have any idea how old this stamp is? Is it vintage? ;)
So anyway... happy anniversary (of sorts) to my dear husband! I love you! He still surprises me (usually in a good way!), which I find shocking & endearing, all at the same time.
For all of you Friends With Flair folks - I wish you all a lovely weekend filled with sunshine and fun! Thanks for visiting!
Miwa, your card is Lovely!! The flowers are so pretty and the sentiment is sweet. Congrats on your 22 years together!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! You are so lucky to find such an awesome stamp.. and even the better that it is wood mounted!! congrats!!! I think any moment that is a wonderful memory is worth celebrating again! So who cares as long as you enjoyed it.. !!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
What an adorable card, and a great reason to celebrate! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I love those flowers and your colors!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteI love the card! So pretty! And wowwww. 22 years?? A big congrats to u Miwa! May you be continually filled with happiness and love
ReplyDeleteHi There,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.....Happy Anniversary....Keep on celebrating!
Blessings,
Tameko
Beautiful! I love the colors and design.
ReplyDeletePretty card! Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable, Miwa. Happy "First Date" anniversary!
ReplyDeleteLove the sentiment and card! Happy "anniversary!"
ReplyDeleteHappy special day to you and your dh! Your card is so lovely! That is a great sentiment, isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary. Love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteI love that stamp. It's so cute. And there is nothing corny about celebrating your first date. Hubby and I do it every single year too. Well, we have to. We got married on the anniversary date of our first date. So Happy First Date Anniversary to you and your love!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful story, Miwa! I love it! We need to celebrate all the special occasions in life. I've never seen this Unity stamp before, so I'm no help. Unity's CS is as helpful as CC's is. I'd email them and ask if anyone there can help you. Angela must know, after all!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your anniversary! Very cute card -awesome stamp!
ReplyDeleteGreat finding. TFS. Nice card.
ReplyDelete