
This morning, Marika's kindergarten class invited moms to come and enjoy some donuts and refreshments for an early Mother's Day celebration. I had heard they had been working on some Mother's Day presents for us... look how nicely presented it is!

And here's the present! I was pleasantly surprised (extremely so!) - I have no idea how the teacher managed to get these projects done without any of the moms (who volunteer) knowing! Marika can, apparently, keep a secret pretty well, too. It was very carefully made and looks beautiful - I'm thrilled it's something that will last for a long time and can't wait to display it somewhere! Thanks, kiddo!
Patterned paper (Making Memories Dilly Dally collection), ribbon (Making Memories - Chelsea), diecut letters (Quickutz), scalloped squares (Marvy-Uchida), corner rounder
Speaking of Mother's Day... this card was one of my May Chocolatier projects. I haven't decided if I'm giving this card to my mom this year or not - she's not the type to be particularly thrilled about homemade cards.

Here's Marika's first softball layout, also constructed from the Making Memories Dilly Dally Collection (title = Quickutz License Plate alphabet). I know the combination of bugs and baseball is a little unusual but considering Marika is an amateur bugologist... well, I think it works!
What a great gift! And I really like the softball layout.
ReplyDelete