Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Perfect Attendance No More...

A couple of weeks ago, during her awards assembly, the principal picked out a name of a kindergartener with perfect attendance to join him for "lunch with the principal". Marika's name was picked and this past Monday, she went with a few other kids to a local restaurant for an hour of pizza and fun. I was her chaffeur, since I didn't want the poor principal to worry about her huge car seat (she's still under 40 lbs). She had a great time but I was glad I went - she looks incredibly tiny compared to the bigger kids!

However, Marika came down with a fever last night and had to miss her first day of school today. She cried and cried, she wanted to go. Her condition got worse this afternoon - she totally felt like a hot potato so I had to keep putting a wet/cold washcloth on her. Poor thing... she decided she didn't want any dinner and just went to bed. She'll be missing school again tomorrow... (thankfully, Mika appears to be doing fine - hopefully she won't get sick, too).

Tidbits:
1. On a sad note, Stampin' Treasures is closing their doors after 14 years. She has begun a 25% off sale, but there will be a shipping charge for all orders.
2. Here's a new printable Fresh & Easy coupon for $10 off $50 (expires 11/22/10).
3. Yourscrapbookstash is offering a 20% off promo code for all of November purchases: November2010.

1 comment: