I'd like to sing kudos for Daddy Dude, who changed out his first faucet this past Sunday. Our previous faucet had been a Moen, which came with a lifetime guarantee - but they'll only send you the parts that you need - if you don't know what the problem is (and what part you need), you are out of luck. After years of having leaks beneath the sink, I finally told Daddy Dude he could get a new faucet (he felt better after I told him the next-door neighbors had replaced theirs a few years earlier already). I'm happy report that he did a wonderful job and the new sink looks great - and doesn't leak! Woohoo!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
How Was Your Halloween?
The girls had a very busy but fun weekend! Despite the awful weather on Saturday morning, Marika still had a soccer game - she ended up with 2 more goals! Actually, everybody on her team (only 4 girls showed up to play) scored at least 2 goals and they ended up winning 9-0. Mika is beginning to play a little more aggressively so we are happy with that. =)
Marika has been so excited about having her first loose tooth. I was surprised to find this made me very sad - my baby is growing up! I took a bunch of pictures of her baby smile... knowing her smile would never look the same again...
On Saturday, the girls went to a Halloween party. They had a great time - the hosts had planned a lot of games and had great snacks for the kids. It was held outside, though, so I was very grateful that the girls wanted to leave an hour before it was over (I was freezing!).
After my Sunday soccer game, we went out for donuts. About one minute later, Marika said, "Hey, my tooth fell out!" Here's her new smile! She's been smiling at everybody since then. You'll be happy to know that the Tooth Fairy was finally on the ball and did not forget to come and visit. =)
It was nice that Daylight Savings was scheduled after Halloween - it made for better pictures! Here are the girls, all gussied up for Halloween. We stayed at home and handed out candy for awhile before heading off ourselves. It was funny to notice that we can now travel around the neighborhood much faster than when the girls were smaller. =) It no longer takes forever!
And here's their haul - a decent amount, but not an obscene amount. Hopefully it will be gone before Christmas (when they'll inevitably get more candy!). There seemed to be fewer trick-or-treaters out this year, probably because it was on a Sunday. We are enjoying the excess M&Ms and Snickers... =)
I'd like to sing kudos for Daddy Dude, who changed out his first faucet this past Sunday. Our previous faucet had been a Moen, which came with a lifetime guarantee - but they'll only send you the parts that you need - if you don't know what the problem is (and what part you need), you are out of luck. After years of having leaks beneath the sink, I finally told Daddy Dude he could get a new faucet (he felt better after I told him the next-door neighbors had replaced theirs a few years earlier already). I'm happy report that he did a wonderful job and the new sink looks great - and doesn't leak! Woohoo!
I'd like to sing kudos for Daddy Dude, who changed out his first faucet this past Sunday. Our previous faucet had been a Moen, which came with a lifetime guarantee - but they'll only send you the parts that you need - if you don't know what the problem is (and what part you need), you are out of luck. After years of having leaks beneath the sink, I finally told Daddy Dude he could get a new faucet (he felt better after I told him the next-door neighbors had replaced theirs a few years earlier already). I'm happy report that he did a wonderful job and the new sink looks great - and doesn't leak! Woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment