Thursday, January 14, 2016

FWF #3 - Vegas, Baby!

Just a short post before I zip off - Marika has a soccer tournament up in Vegas so she and I are driving there tomorrow (it will be 3.5 hours if I'm lucky, longer if I'm not!). I'm really nervous, because I've never driven longer than 2.5 hours (I've been very fortunate) and usually DaddyDude takes care of the long drives - but he has to stay at home to cart Mika to her softball practices so...it's just Marika, WAZE (love that app!), and me. Wish us luck!!! At this point, all I want to do it get there in one piece, and return home in safely. Low expectations are the key!

Mika's teammate has a birthday this weekend, so I found this great sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and rotated it 90-degrees counter-clockwise - specifically so it would be PERFECT for that Unity stamp I love so much...
Candles and Cake {Wit & Wisdom} is one of my go-to stamps. Love it!

Looking at the recipe I chose, you can tell it was one of those days that I didn't have many vegetables left in the fridge! I felt like eating rice and so, it was Kung Pao Chicken night for us! Having kids in the house, I couldn't spice it up as I wanted (boo!) but the flavoring in this recipe was REALLY good! Next time, I should at least add some celery! But seriously - Rasa Malaysia food blog is an excellent place to visit... :)

P.S. I'm sad to see that Unity has discontinued their "Friends with Flair" hop, but I'm going to try and continue posting a project a week. One of these days, I want to get back to making layouts!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch! That butterfly is the perfect little accent to the big sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously artistic card. I love your style. I hope you had a safe and fun trip to Vegas! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've flipped the sketch - it works just as well in this orientation! Love that little butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete