Friday, June 13, 2014

Mika's Promotion - FWF #23

It's Friday and time for another inspiration hop at Unity Stamp Company's With "Friends With Flair". In case you're in the mood for some stamping inspiration, hope along with Unity fans who post their work with Unity stamps. You should start here, and leave comments along the way, because you may win a prize from Unity!

School finally ended for the girls yesterday and Mika had her 5th grade promotion ceremony. Now, since you're all crafters and most likely scrapbook, I know you'll appreciate documenting Mika's growth over time.

Here she is, on her first day of kindergarten, back in 2008... we have video of her return from school that day. When asked if she liked her kindergarten teacher, she nodded enthusiastically and announced, "I *love* him!" When asked why, she gleefully sang, "HE GAVE ME FOUR COOKIES!!!" 

And here she is, after the promotion ceremony yesterday, with her kindergarten teacher. She's only about 4 inches shorter than me now! What's going to happen when I scold her and she's taller? I'll have to stand on a chair or tell her to back up first!

I don't know why, but I've been feeling really tired lately (there has been a lot going on), but I did manage to scrap out a little bit of time to create this Father's Day card based on this wonderful sketch by Mojo Monday.

This will be the Father's Day card that the girls will be signing (isn't Father Peep adorable?). We finally had time to drive out to a special store today, to buy his present - I hope he likes it! We have a very busy weekend (ironically, few sports are scheduled for Mother's Day, but nothing ever gets cancelled for Father's Day - why is that???) but hopefully he can enjoy it after the day is over.

And last but not least, I am really enjoying the new camera. I still have loads to learn, but I love using the telephoto lens and trying to capture the action up close. This is my most recent favorite (click on the photo to see it large) - Mika slides amazingly well, which lends itself easily to great action shots! The action will only get better as they get older, so hopefully my photography skills will improve as well!

Thanks for visiting and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to check out the awesome warehouse sale at Unity, as well as the new releases by Susan Weckesser! And there are grab bags! See you next week! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your card, I am so jealous of you new camera. I need to upgrade! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that cute tie! The little ones grow so fast, and you can just feel the years whizzing by. Congrats to your DD for moving to her next step in schooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four Cookies !! LOL Love that story, and your card is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peep card is sooooo adorable! Your hubby will think it's the sweetest, coming from the girls. Love the story of your daughter and the kindergarten teacher. He looks like a great teacher! And. lastly, what kind of camera did you end up getting? I need to upgrade sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Such cute little eyes and tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the photos you always share with us, they are so sweet! and your peep card is off the charts adorable... the googly eyes are great!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete