Friday, June 6, 2014

101 Strikeouts for Marika - Friends with Flair #22

 
 Hello, Friends with Flair peeps! Can you believe it's Friday already??? I thought I'd have all this "free" time this week, but was asked to help the school library inventory their books - so I've been holed up in there all week - but at least it's air-conditioned! It's almost last minute, but I found this wonderful sketch at Sketch 'n Scrap...
 

 
And thought it was time to start making a Father's Day card...
 

The stamp image and sentiment is from the Kit of the Month - May 2013 (Totally and Utterly Amazing) while the patterned papers are all from MME.

 
I can't wait for the school year to be over, but I also can't wait for Mika's soccer season to end (this weekend!) and Marika's regular season softball to finish (playoffs begin tomorrow, but All Star tournaments will begin next weekend). On the bright side, Marika wrapped up her regular season batting 0.800 and racked up 101 strikeouts. Here she is, throwing the strike for her 100th strikeout. So proud of her persevering - despite having a less than ideal coach - but when I asked her if she was glad she had been practicing this whole time and did she understand why it was important? She just shrugged and said, "meh". The nerve!!! So much for her "learning her lesson" about "practice makes perfect", but I am pleased to see her gaining self-confidence (despite being a peanut) and appearing mentally strong at the plate and on the rubber. :)
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be at the beach tomorrow with Mika for her sand soccer tournament. I am looking forward to getting some great action shots with a beautiful background!
 
Thanks so much for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Fathers Day card and I love the image and sentiment - very funny! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Those MME papers are perfect too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design for this awesome image. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! That sketch is great and you've created a perfect guy card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another favorite masculine stamp from Unity! Love the sketch you used to showcase it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! That stamp is wonderful and you did an awesome job with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is just an awesome card for a guy! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card--love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic masculine card. Great take. Thanks for playing along with us at
    Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miwa, you are the best mom ever! Your kids are so darn lucky -- as is your hubby. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card! What a great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Love everything about it! Especially the image and sentiment! Too cute! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome card, perfect for Father's day! Thank you for joining us at Sketch~n~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I love that stamped image. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find it very innovative, love the masculine and elegant look... Very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch-N-Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous yet again!!! Great work!

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete