Friday, April 12, 2013

Friends With Flair Friday!

I love Friends with Flair Fridays! It's always fun to dig out my Unity Stamps and play for a bit. :)
 
 
Patterned paper (Echo Park), kraft paper (Carte Bella), inks (Tim Holtz distress inks - Festive Berries, Pine Needles, Walnut Stain), bling (Making Memories Gems), Stickles (Icicles), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)
 
This week, I am trying to get together a few simple thank you cards to send to a fellow crafter who needs a bunch in a hurry for a family member. I just received Crazy for Daisies last week and thought it would be a great set to use for Cropchocolate's weekly challenge (to use bright colors & only one neutral color).
 
Also this week, my April Design Team project for Cropchocolate.com was featured on the Crop - I made a series of Japanese-paper quilted cards. Some were made with washi tape (Doodlebug), while others were made out of scrapbooking paper. You Unity fans will, of course, recognize most of the sentiments (all but the bottom right - but hey, I'm still working on collecting Unity Christmas stamps! Give me more time!). For full details on the tutorial, check this post.
 

 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by! :) 

23 comments:

  1. Wow...Wonderful job on all of these. The dimensions are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute flower cards great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love these cards! I'm going to have to figure out how to get that quilted look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...they are all beautiful..love the quilted look!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilted cards! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the crazy daisies are pretty! and i've already bookmarked your tutorial on the washi foam. Awesome Miwa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your cards especially the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are fabulous! Lovely set of cards and great technique, Miwa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea! I finally get to see your DT projects and they ARE wonderful! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of your cards! Nice job. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...these are LOVELY and AMAZING. I am glad your pics allowed for closer views, because that showed show the detail you took to create such intricate designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty cards! I love those paper quilted cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miwa, your cards are ALL so pretty!! Love the flowers and the awesome paper quilted cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, all of these cards are amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your thank you cards are really pretty, Miwa! And I do love your quilted technique too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Flair cards, but the folded paper set is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally cute. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome cards! I love the paper quilted ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful CAS cards! Great job! So colourful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your flower thank you cards...and I have to say AGAIN how much I like those paper origami cards! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete