Thursday, September 13, 2012

Challenge #30 and an Enabler Alert!


12x12 Authentique "Blissful" aper, AC mini brads, MM pewter brads, Crop-A-Dile; tacky glue, googly eyes

Challenge #30 this week at CC was to create a 3-D embellishment or project. I decided to break open some "new" paper and make a movable 3D snake. Do you remember those cheap plastic snakes you had as a kid, that would sway back and forth if you held it by the tail? Basically, it's that - just made out of paper and brads. This Authentique paper was great for this project, because it's such high quality and very thick. I found a picture of some directions here on pinterest, but wasn't sure what was going on at the tail-end (literally), so I made up my own. The picture on the left was photographed at dusk (high ISO, no flash) while the one on the right is with flash - so you can see the nice colors of this paper.


And looky here! Time for another warehouse sale! You're probably all swimming in embellishments, but the one I went to (about 5 years ago) had rockin' prices on albums (which are good quality). It's too bad they can't have a warehouse sale on the same day as Sizzix, so I'd only have to drive out there once!

No comments:

Post a Comment