Sunday, February 26, 2012

How many hours in the day would be best?

I just don't feel like here are enough hours in the day, to get everything done that I want to get done. Everything has a priority, though, so some things get done sooner than others. On the other hand, certain things suddenly get high priority - for instance, when I can no longer safely walk around the girls' room because it's so messy... well - it's time for serious business! The girls were supposed to go to the batting cages with their father on Saturday, but were terrified of leaving me alone in the house - in case I decided to throw everything away. Within a few hours, we had cleaned out their closet (the pile going to Goodwill is a small mountain... between their closet and mine!) and the path was clear for me to organize their books (again). Cleaning has a high priority for the next few days, since DaddyDude is hosting a work gathering on Wednesday...

The girls' softball season started a few weeks ago. Life is busy, especially Mondays through Thursdays, when the girls have to frantically finish their homework and try to relax a little bit, before softball practice. Marika has had (optional) practice on the weekends (Mika is supposed to, but they haven't started up yet) and the games will start next week. ALREADY! Busy, busy...



Patterned papers and cardstock - all from Echo Park's SPLASH collection. Tools used: QK label die, 4x8 license plate alphabet, and Fiskars border punch

Of course, I always have to make time to participate in Cropchocolate.com challenges. This week, the goal was to create a project using ONLY the primary colors of red, blue, and yellow. To me, this color combination screams "school"... so I decided to dress up some cans for the girls' homework pencils and erasers. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to watch them scrounge around for a pencil (we have hundreds in the house) and then fail to use a proper eraser, so their homework looks terrible! So now... they have no excuses!


DaddyDude's been playing a lot of baseball... the team has been doing pretty well!


I, of course, always enjoy the chance to whip out the camera and get some good action shots...

And one of the girls' favorite weekend activities is to attend the Lowes Build & Grow clinics. This past Saturday, they made a "rumblin' race car". They are getting better and better at doing things on their own (although it's hard work for Marika to hammer a lot - she needs to eat more protein!). They got their own pair of safety glasses this time.

Apparently, kids can do weird things with safety glasses... who is this strange kid...?

No comments:

Post a Comment